August 10, 2022: Trump’s New York probe, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Mexico suspect, Ukraine, Kenya
August 10, 2022: Trump to testify in New York probe, Wisconsin, Minnesota, New Mexico killings suspect, Ukraine, Kenya elections
1. Former U.S. President Donald Trump indicated he would testify in a New York investigation by the state’s attorney general into his family’s business practices, with the possible testimony coming amid a flurry of legal woes for him.
2. Republican voters in Wisconsin and Minnesota nominated abortion foes for governor, ensuring the issue will be central to what are expected to be two of the most high-profile races in November’s general election.
3. A Muslim immigrant from Afghanistan has been arrested as the prime suspect in the serial killings of four Muslim men that rattled the Islamic community of New Mexico’s largest city, police said.
4. Ukraine accused Russia of exploiting its position in a nuclear power plant it had seized to target a nearby town in a rocket attack that killed at least 11 people and left many others seriously wounded.
5. Preliminary results from Kenya’s presidential election showed a tight race between the two main candidates vying to replace President Uhuru Kenyatta, with citizens praying an announcement of a winner would not unleash violence as in years past.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en