August 12, 2022: Trump home search warrant, Ohio FBI, House vote, Kenya, Ukraine nuclear plant
August 12, 2022: Trump’s home search warrant, Ohio FBI, Biden’s drug, climate bill, Kenya, Ukraine nuclear plant
1. U.S. federal agents were looking for documents relating to nuclear weapons when they raided former President Donald Trump’s home in Florida this week, the Washington Post reported.
2. An armed man who tried to breach the FBI building in Cincinnati, Ohio, on Thursday was shot dead by police following a car chase, a gun battle and a standoff in a cornfield northeast of town, officials said.
3. The U.S. House of Representatives will vote on a $430 billion bill to fight climate change and lower prescription drug prices, in what Democrats view as a major political win for President Joe Biden ahead of November’s midterm elections.
4. Without providing any proof, the secretary-general of Kenya’s governing party has said there was election rigging, fueling public anxiety as media outlets significantly slowed down their unofficial tallies from Tuesday’s tight vote.
5. Ukraine and Russia accused each other of risking nuclear disaster by shelling Europe’s largest nuclear power plant, occupied by Russian forces in a region expected to become one of the next big front lines of the war.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en