August 16, 2022: Alaska, Wyoming midterms, Cheney, Crimea, Kenya election, Trump Org, Colorado River
August 16, 2022: Wyoming, Alaska, Explosions shake Russian-held Crimea, Kenya election, Trump Organization ex-CFO, Colorado River
1. Donald Trump’s campaign to oust congressional Republicans who supported his impeachment gets its last major test of the U.S. midterm primary season, when Liz Cheney and Lisa Murkowski face challengers backed by the former president.
2. Moscow denounced sabotage and Ukraine hinted at responsibility for new explosions at a military base in the Russian-annexed Crimea region that is an important war supply line.
3. Four of Kenya’s seven election commissioners said they stood by their decision a day earlier to disown the result of the Aug. 9 presidential election, saying the final tallying process had been “opaque.”
4. The long-time financial chief of former President Donald Trump’s namesake real estate company, Allen Weisselberg, is expected to plead guilty in New York in a tax fraud case, a person familiar with matter said.
5. Seven U.S. Western states that share Colorado River water are poised to miss a federal deadline for drastic consumption cuts amid a megadrought.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en