August 18, 2022: FBI sealed evidence, Trump Org CFO trial, U.S., Taiwan trade talks, Xinjiang, Kabul
August 18, 2022: FBI’s sealed evidence, Trump executive tax fraud trial, U.S., Taiwan to start trade talks, Xinjiang forced labor,’ Kabul blast
1. Sealed records containing evidence the U.S. Justice Department presented to secure court approval to search Donald Trump’s Florida home will be at the heart of a hearing, when news organizations will try to persuade a federal judge that the public deserves to see the details.
2. A longtime senior executive at former President Donald Trump’s family business is expected to plead guilty to conspiring with the company in a 15-year tax fraud.
3. The United States and Taiwan have agreed to start trade talks under a new initiative to reach agreements with “economically meaningful outcomes,” with a Taiwan official saying China’s “economic coercion” would also be discussed.
4. It is “reasonable to conclude” that forced labour of members of minority groups has taken place in China’s western Xinjiang region, the UN’s top expert on slavery said in a report released this week, prompting a fierce response from Beijing.
5. A blast that tore through a Kabul mosque during evening prayers on Wednesday killed 21 people, Kabul police said.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en