August 19, 2022: FBI’s Trump home search, Ukraine-Russia, Biden, James ‘Whitey’ Bulger, New Zealand
August 19, 2022: Judge says he leans toward releasing some evidence for Trump search, Explosions rocks Russian-held areas, Biden readying aid for Ukraine, James ‘Whitey’ Bulger, New Zealand’s heavy rains
1. A U.S. judge said he is leaning toward releasing some of the evidence presented by the U.S. Justice Department to justify its search of Donald Trump’s Florida home last week, in a case pitting news organizations against federal prosecutors.
2. Explosions erupted overnight near military bases deep within Russian-held areas of Ukraine and in Russia itself, an apparent display of Kyiv’s growing ability to wreak havoc on Moscow’s logistics far from front lines.
3. President Joe Biden’s administration is readying about $800 million of additional military aid to Ukraine and could announce it as soon as Friday, three sources familiar with the matter said.
4. Three men have been indicted on multiple felony charges in the 2018 prison beating death of James “Whitey” Bulger, who lived a double life as one of Boston’s most notorious mobsters and as a secret FBI informant before going on the run for 16 years.
5. Torrential rain hit parts of New Zealand for a fourth day, forcing hundreds of people from their homes as rivers overflowed their banks and waterlogged ground becomes unstable.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en