August 23, 2022: U.S. on Ukraine, Russia, NY election, Iran nuclear power, Breonna Taylor, Malaysia
Five stories you need to know on August 23, 2002:
1. The U.S. urges its citizens to leave Ukraine saying it believes Russia will soon target civilian and government infrastructure.
2. New York state voters head to the polls in the first competitive congressional election since Roe v. Wade was overturned.
3. Iran has dropped some of its demands on resurrecting a deal to rein in Tehran’s nuclear program including its insistence that international inspectors close some probes of its atomic program. bringing the possibility of an agreement closer, a senior U.S. official told Reuters.
4. A former Louisville detective is expected to plead guilty to helping to falsify a search warrant that led to the killing of Breonna Taylor.
5. Malaysia’s top court orders former prime minister Najib Razak to begin a 12-year prison sentence after upholding a guilty conviction on charges related to a multi-billion-dollar graft scandal.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en