August 24, 2022: Ukraine Independence Day, U.S. midterms, Trump, Biden on student loans, Malaysia
Five stories you need to know:
1. Zelenskiy said Ukraine was ‘reborn’ when Russia invaded six months ago as the country marked 31 years of independence from the Soviet Union on Wednesday.
2. Republican-turned-Democrat Charlie Crist won his party’s nomination to run for governor in Florida challenging Republican incumbent Ron DeSantis, while in New York, U.S. Representative Jerrold Nadler won tight incumbent-vs-incumbent primary.
3. The U.S. National Archives discovered more than 700 pages of classified documents at Donald Trump’s Florida home in addition to material seized this month by FBI agents according to a newly disclosed letter the records agency sent to Trump’s attorney.
4. U.S. President Joe Biden is expected to announce a decision to forgive student loan debt.
5. Malaysia’s ex-PM Najib Razak was taken to the country’s largest jailhouse after losing his final appeal on a 12-year jail sentence for corruption.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en