August 31, 2022: Trump, Ukraine power plant, Taiwan, Gorbachev dead, water in Jackson, Mississippi
Five stories to know today: Trump may have moved classified documents, U.N. inspectors visit Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, Gorbachev dies, no drinking water in Jackson, Mississippi
1. The U.S. Justice Department said it has evidence that classified papers were deliberately concealed from the FBI when it tried to retrieve them from former President Donald Trump’s Florida estate.
2. U.N. nuclear inspectors set off for Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia nuclear power plant, with tensions rising between Kyiv and Moscow over the visit.
3. Taiwan vows to exercise its right to self defense and counter-attack if Chinese forces enter its territory.
4. Mikhail Gorbachev, the last Soviet leader, dies aged 91.
5. Jackson, Mississippi, will go without drinking water indefinitely, officials say after pumps at the main water treatment plant failed
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en