December 23, 2022: Jan. 6 panel final report, Winter ‘bomb cyclone’, Ukraine aid, COVID, North Korea
December 23, 2022: Jan. 6 panel final report, U.S. winter ‘bomb cyclone’, Ukraine aid, COVID, North Korea
1. The congressional panel probing the Jan. 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol released its final report, outlining its case that former U.S. President Donald Trump should face criminal charges of inciting the deadly riot.
2. A deep freeze enveloping most of the United States early on Friday combined with a massive winter storm brewing in the Midwest to leave two-thirds of the nation under extreme weather alerts, confounding travel plans for millions of Americans.
3. U.S. lawmakers were expected to approve a $45 billion aid package for Ukraine, as President Volodymyr Zelenskiy returned from Washington with the promise of Patriot missiles to help fend off Russia’s invasion.
4. China is expecting a peak in COVID infections within a week, a health official said, with authorities predicting extra strain on the country’s health system even as they downplay the disease’s severity and continue to report no new deaths.
5. North Korea fired two ballistic missiles towards the sea off its east coast on Friday, the South Korean military said, the latest in an unprecedented number of missile tests this year.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en