December 28, 2022: Supreme Court, U.S.-Mexico border, Trump tax returns, Santos, Southwest, COVID
December 28, 2022: Supreme Court keeps border restrictions, Trump tax returns, Republican Santos, Southwest, COVID
1. The U.S. Supreme Court left in place for now a pandemic-era policy allowing U.S. officials to rapidly expel migrants caught at the U.S.-Mexico border.
2. Former Republican President Donald Trump’s redacted tax returns will be made public, a spokesperson for the U.S. House of Representatives Ways and Means Committee said.
3. U.S. Representative-elect George Santos, a New York Republican who this week acknowledged lying about his education and employment history while running for Congress, faced fresh criticism on Tuesday over his claims of Jewish heritage.
4. Chinese hospitals and funeral homes were under intense pressure on Wednesday as a surging COVID-19 wave drained resources, while the scale of the outbreak and doubts over official data prompted some countries to consider new travel rules on Chinese visitors.
5. Southwest Airlines came under fire from the U.S. government after it canceled thousands of flights, and its boss, Bob Jordan, said the low-cost carrier needed to upgrade its legacy airline systems.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en