December 30, 2022: Trump’s tax returns, Russia, Ukraine, Cambodia casino fire, Recession, Southwest
December 30, 2022: Trump’s tax returns release, Russian drone attack on Kyiv, Cambodia casino fire, U.S. recession risk, Southwest
1. A Democrat-controlled U.S. House of Representatives committee was poised to release six years of former President Donald Trump’s tax returns to the public on Friday in an extraordinary move days before Republicans take control of the chamber.
2. Russia attacked Ukraine with 16 Iranian-made Shahed drones overnight, Ukrainian officials said on Friday, a day after Moscow fired dozens of missiles in its latest barrage against critical infrastructure.
3. Cambodian rescue teams recovered several bodies on Friday from the charred rooms of a casino-hotel where a fire killed at least 27 people a day earlier, with more than 20 people still missing.
4. Just over half of the 50 U.S. states are exhibiting signs of slowing economic activity, breaching a key threshold that often signals a recession is in the offing, new research from the St. Louis Federal Reserve Bank report said.
5. Southwest Airlines promised to reimburse passengers for expenses such as hotels and car rentals in addition to refunding tickets after it canceled thousands of flights due to a massive winter storm and said there would be a still-undetermined hit to its earnings.
#News #Reuters #newsfeed
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en