March 30, 2023: Russia arrests WSJ reporter, Nashville, Philippine ferry, Black Hawk crash, DeSantis
1. Russia charged an American correspondent for the Wall Street Journal with spying, in a case certain to escalate Moscow’s diplomatic feud with Washington over the war in Ukraine and likely to further isolate Russia.
2. Security consultant Brink Fidler led the staff at the Covenant School in Nashville through mass shooter training in early 2022, teaching them escape and lockdown skills and medical trauma preparation.
3. Philippine rescuers searched the smouldering ruins of a burnt-out ferry on Thursday for any survivors or more victims of a fire that swept through the inter-island vessel killing 29 people, including a 6-month old baby, authorities said.
4. Nine people were killed in a crash of two U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopters during a routine training mission over Kentucky late on Wednesday, the Washington Post reported.
5. A Florida board created to oversee Walt Disney World’s special taxation district is considering legal action after saying its power over the entertainment company’s resort has been eviscerated, a spokesperson for the district confirmed.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: https://www.reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en