October 3, 2022: Bidens head to Puerto Rico, Oath Keepers, Brazil election runoff, Kherson, Stampede
October 3, 2022: Bidens head to Puerto Rico, Oath Keepers trial, Brazil election enters runoff, Kherson, Indonesia stampede
1. President Joe Biden plans to announce more than $60 million in aid to help Puerto Rico during a visit to survey damage as the island grapples with the aftermath of Hurricane Fiona.
2. U.S. prosecutors will present their opening statements in the trial of Oath Keepers founder Stewart Rhodes and four others charged with conspiring to use force to stop the peaceful transfer of presidential power on Jan. 6, 2021.
3. The second round of Brazil’s presidential election campaign kicked off after far-right President Jair Bolsonaro outperformed polling and robbed leftist ex-president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva of outright victory in the first round of voting.
4. Ukrainian forces have made some breakthroughs in the southern Kherson region and taken control of some settlements, a Russian-installed official said.
5. Indonesia set up an independent team to investigate a stampede at a soccer stadium that killed 125 people, including 32 children, as the country’s human rights commission questioned the police use of tear gas.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en