September 26, 2022: Italy election results, Russia school shooting, Russia war, Iran, Hurricane Ian
September 26, 2022: Giorgia Meloni, right wing win Italy’s election, Swastika-wearing gunman kills 13 in Russia, Russian men flee to Georgia, Mahsa Amini, Tracking Hurricane Ian
1. The right-wing alliance that won Italy’s national election will usher in a rare era of political stability to tackle an array of problems besieging the euro zone’s third largest economy, one of its senior figures said.
2. A gunman with a swastika on his teeshirt killed 13 people, including seven children, and wounded more than 20 at a school in Russia before committing suicide, investigators said.
3. Russian men are fleeing into neighboring Georgia to avoid being called-up to fight in a war they do not agree with following Russian President Vladimir Putin’s order to mobilise hundreds of thousands of reservists for the conflict in Ukraine.
4. Iran accused the United States of using unrest triggered by the death of Mahsa Amini in police custody to try to destabilize the country, and warned it would not go unanswered, as the biggest protests since 2019 showed no signs of abating.
5. Ian has strengthened into a hurricane and is expected to produce significant wind and storm surge impacts in western Cuba, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said in its latest advisory.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en