September 29, 2022: Hurricane Ian, Trump, Russia, Ukraine territory, Harris, Nord Stream pipelines
September 29, 2022: Ian weakens to tropical storm, Trump seized, Russia set to annex Ukraine territory, Harris, Nord Stream pipelines
1. Ian has weakened into a tropical storm but is still expected to produce strong winds, heavy rains, and storm surge across portions of Florida, Georgia, and the Carolinas, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said.
2. Lawyers for former President Donald Trump are resisting a federal judge’s instruction to submit a sworn declaration on whether they believe the government’s list of property taken from Trump’s Florida estate is accurate.
3. President Vladimir Putin will sign formal documents proclaiming Russia’s annexation of four Ukrainian regions, as Moscow rushes to lock in territorial claims that the Ukrainian army is threatening to reverse on the battlefield.
4. U.S. Vice President Kamala Harris said North Korea is a country with a “brutal dictatorship”, an illegal arms programme and rampant human rights violations, issuing unusually strong criticism during a visit to the inter-Korean border.
5. Sweden’s coastguard said it had discovered a fourth gas leak on the damaged Nord Stream pipelines earlier this week, after ruptures first reported sent gas spewing into the Baltic Sea.
Reuters brings you the latest business, finance and breaking news video from around the globe. Our reputation for accuracy and impartiality is unparalleled.
Get the latest news on: http://reuters.com/
Follow Reuters on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Reuters
Follow Reuters on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/reuters/?hl=en